Would you like to learn more about the Truckee River Watershed? Then join the Friends of Tahoe Donner Trails and the Truckee River Watershed Council for a River Walk on the Nature Trail.
On the walk you’ll learn about our watershed, the work the Watershed Council is doing elsewhere to restore and protect it, and how we can further that work here in Tahoe Donner, starting right in our own yards. Here are all the details.
River Walk With The Watershed Council
- Date: Saturday, September 1
- Time: 10 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Meeting Place: In back of the Northwoods Clubhouse (11509 Northwoods Blvd.) on the rear patio.
- Registration Link: Eventbrite (required).
- This will be a leisurely walk of approximately 1.75 miles with plenty of stops along the way. Please wear appropriate footwear, use sun protection, and bring some water.
We’ve been partnering with the Watershed Council for years on Tahoe Donner’s popular weed walks. But the Watershed Council is about much more than invasive weeds. They’re great people doing all sorts of incredible work all across this region.
If you’d like to learn more about the Watershed Council and how you can help their efforts, then we hope you’ll join us on this walk.
The third Tahoe Donner Volunteer Trail Work Day of the season will take place on Saturday, August 18.
For this summer’s trail work project we are constructing the new Teewinot Trail running from the Teton Trailhead to the Glacier Trailhead. When completed, this new trail will replace the current trail, an old, steep and deteriorating logging road, with a curving, more gradually sloped, single-track, multi-use trail.
No experience is necessary to volunteer. If you’re a seasoned trail builder, we welcome your know-how, and if you’re a novice be assured that we’ll have experienced builders on hand to get you started.
Tahoe Donner Volunteer Trail Work Day
- Date: Saturday, August 18
- Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
- Location: We will assemble at the Teton Way Trailhead near the intersection of Skislope Way and Copenhagen Drive (map).
- Age Restrictions: 10 and over.
- Registration: Click this link to register via Eventbrite.
- For important information about what to expect, wear, and bring, please see the Trail Work FAQ.
The Trails Club was founded on the principle that hands-on stewardship of our trails and open spaces should be a regular and vital part of the Tahoe Donner community. There are many ways to promote that principle, but few as fun, interesting, and satisfying as trail work.
We hope you’ll lend a hand!