The third Tahoe Donner Volunteer Trail Work Day of the season will take place on Saturday, September 16.
For this summer’s trail work project we are constructing a new trail running from the Teton Trailhead to the Glacier Trailhead. When completed, this new trail will replace the current trail, an old, steep and deteriorating logging road, with a curving, more gradually sloped, single-track, multi-use trail.
No experience is necessary to volunteer. If you’re a seasoned trail builder, we welcome your know-how, and if you’re a novice be assured that we’ll have experienced builders on hand to get you started.
Tahoe Donner Volunteer Trail Work Day
- Date: Saturday, September 16
- Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
- Location: We will assemble at the Teton Way Trailhead near the intersection of Skislope Way and Copenhagen Drive (map) before walking out a short distance to the project site.
- Age Restrictions: 10 and over.
- Registration: Click this link to register via Eventbrite.
- For important information about what to expect, wear, and bring, please see the Trail Work FAQ.
The Trails Club was founded on the principle that hands-on stewardship of our trails and open spaces should be a regular and vital part of the Tahoe Donner community. There are many ways to promote that principle, but few as fun, interesting, and satisfying as trail work.
We hope you’ll lend a hand!