Welcome to TDTrails.org, the website of Friends of Tahoe Donner Trails. We are a Tahoe Donner chartered club dedicated to advancing the use and enjoyment of Tahoe Donner’s trails and open spaces.
All Tahoe Donner members who enjoy the trails, no matter whether on foot, on a bike, or on horseback, are encouraged to join.
The club’s plans include:
- The development of volunteer opportunities to assist Forestry in basic trail maintenance and repair on a regular schedule during good weather.
- Assisting with tree plantings and other restoration projects.
- Working to increase cooperation and understanding among different types of trail users.
- Providing opportunities for trail users to meet one another.
- Facilitating communication between Forestry and trail users, and serving as an information conduit to Forestry on trail conditions and trail needs.
If you have an idea for a volunteer project involving Tahoe Donner’s trails and open spaces, the club is a platform to help you bring that idea to reality. As such, the club’s long term possibilities are limited only by the interests of the club members. Some future possibilities include:
- Taking advantage of local knowledge to develop a comprehensive trail information resource featuring mileage, points of interest, notes on flora and fauna and so forth.
- Developing a corps of trained and skilled volunteers able to assist Forestry on larger scale and technical projects.
- Under Forestry’s guidance, taking charge of specific trail sections that require new development or maintenance.
- Establishing alliances with local trail and wilderness organizations outside of Tahoe Donner, and where appropriate, cooperating with them on projects of mutual interest, and most especially on projects connecting the Tahoe Donner trail system with adjacent trail systems.
- Identifying and developing new trail uses. For instance, the club could take the lead in developing new GPS interpretive tours, and in expanding the existing geocaching program. The club might also establish a nesting box program to promote bird watching on the trails.
We hope you will join us, and we hope you enjoy the trails.